Monday, February 15, 2010

Composing a life continues...and reach out to SE Asia

I just re-read one of my entries from Oct 2007 and it really it home...

Composing a life... This cause (ending child trafficking) has been the catyalyst for creating a new destiny for my life. In the book (Composing a Life), Bateson describes one of the women, Ellen as “determined to be different.” She goes on to say,” At the same time, you cannot put together a life willy-nilly from odds and ends. Even in a crazy quilt, the various pieces, wherever they come from, have to be trimmed and shaped and arranged so they fit together, then firmly sewn to last through time and keep out the cold. Most quilts are more ambitious: they involve the imposition of a new pattern. But even crazy quilts are sewn against a backing: the basic sense of continuity allows improvisation. Composing a life involves an openness to possibilities and the capacity to put them together in a way that is structurally sound.”

I'm in the middle of re-branding my consulting business (backing of the quilt) that will blend my love for SE Asia and passion to support small NGO's working to support youth and end child trafficking.

Currently, I'm working with www.villagefocus.org to create a pre-event to their Angkor Wats Bike Race fundraiser in December 2010. I would like to promote a pre-activity for participants or other individuals to connect with a few NGO’s including field trips to visit programs, think tank exchange (exchange business knowledge with youth fellowship program) and culture exchange (holistic approach to living in the East).

More information forth coming...

follow me on twitter - DeniseKer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home