Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cambodia Visit December 2007 - Connecting Grassroots NGO's

I was fortunate to visit Cambodia again in December 2007 to focus on connecting with small grassroots Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) that support vulnerable childern. I partnered with Khim from Village Focus International to search the cities and rural areas for inspiring small grassroots organizations. It was quite the adventure.

We visited over ten organizations working daily to protect childern from trafficking and vulnerable situations and provide schooling and basic needs. I will blog about each of the NGO's seperately to hightlight their services and funding opportunities.


Ahh, my first stop in Phnom Phen was to a pre-school for vulnerable children. All the smiles and hugs melted my heart.

Meet my new best Khmer friend Khim. We spent about five days attached at the hip searching for NGO's to visit. I adored him, but I know I annoyed him - bossy redhead on a mission. The trip was a complete success becasue of Khim. We did find some down time hanging with his college friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home